Who we are
Little Village Early Learning is a privately-owned company, developed by a group of friends with a desire to create a business which would make a positive contribution to the community around it. Having raised families and being grandparents, the owners have a strong desire to provide the very best of care and education for the next generation.
Our owners, management, educators and support staff are a team of dedicated professionals who truly believe in our shared vision and are committed to ongoing improvement to ensure the highest of quality care and education.
What’s Important to Us
- Providing high quality care and learning in a secure, relaxed and joyful environment;
- Creating a ‘home-like’ atmosphere which incorporates realistic, natural and culturally rich learning environments.
- Building a community which respects childhood as a time to explore, create and be joyful.
- Understanding and building upon the naturally inquisitive minds that children have from a young age and valuing them as competent co-learners.
- Honouring each child as a unique individual as we build reciprocal relationships.
- Reflecting on our practice to ensure each child’s developmental and educational needs are exceeded.
- Developing a family friendly centre focusing on the needs of the whole family with strong support for working parents.
- Respecting the individual journey that each family is on and we aspire to understand each family on a deep and meaningful level.
Our impact on the world
Little Village considers eco-choices and sustainability in all its practices:
- We use our own solar power and harvested water.
- We operate and communicate electronically to curb paper waste.
- We maintain healthy air, using cross ventilation and fans as our first option.
- We have plants throughout our environments to ensure we have clean oxygen.
- We are mindful with our resources and have a policy of reuse, recycle or upcycle.
- We have used timber and rocks from our land in our fit-out, furniture and outdoor environments.
- We encourage families to bring in their recycled materials for crafts and to donate books for our community library.
- Our care and cleaning products are child and earth-friendly.
- Food waste is minimised, re-purposed for animals or composted.
- Children help in maintaining our gardens and produce is used in our meals where possible.
- We have a specialised Environmental Educator who is dedicated to ensuring our children learn about their world and how to care for it.
Community at heart
- We look to our local families and community first when employing tradespeople for our build, fit-out, landscaping and maintenance.
- We use the professional services from within our community in education, health, culture, IT, energy, security and communication.
- We source what we need close to home, including toys and resources from community groups and buying locally grown fruit and vegetables for our menu.
We have a deep desire for reconciliation and respect for our traditional landowners of the past, present and future.